1 cup Quinoa (or cous cous) see Note
1 tsp Stock powder
½ Capsicum (diced)
1 Tomato (diced) or 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
2 Shallots (thinly sliced)
1 Carrot (grated)
fresh herbs (chopped)
1 Lime or lemon (zested and juiced)
Note: if you have time, soak quinoa in 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and water for 20 mins to a few hours. Make sure you rinse thoroughly after soaking to remove vinegar. This helps make it more digestible for those with sensitive stomachs, and the final product is a softer texture, but soaking is not essential
• Add any chopped salad vegetable you like. Add legumes such as chickpeas or nuts such as cashews or pine nuts for added crunch.
• Dressing – swap lime for balsamic vinegar or any other of your favourite salad dressings
- Soak quinoa as per note, if time permits, if you don’t soak, make sure you rinse the quinoa in a strainer under a running tap for a minute before cooking, then cook as per packet directions, adding the stock powder to the water you are cooking it in. If using cous cous, no need to soak or rinse, follow packet directions and add the stock when adding the water
2.Set aside quinoa to cool to at least room temp or refrigerate until needed (can be cooked the day before). Prepare by chopping or grating the vegetables. Zest (using a fine grater) the skin of the lime (avoid white parts) then juice lime
- Add vegetables, herbs and lime juice to quinoa, stir and serve. Can be prepared and stored in fridge for up to 3 days.
Gluten Free – use quinoa, cous cous is not GF
- Nutrition Information (per serve)