2 cups grated vegetables (e.g. pumpkin, zucchini, carrot)
70gm haloumi (grated or finely chopped)
1 cup wholemeal SR Flour
½ tbs dried mixed herbs (optional)
4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
½ cup milk
Oil for pan frying
- Drain chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. Place in a large mixing bowl and roughly mash with a potato masher or fork.
- To the chickpeas, add grated vegetables, haloumi, flour, herbs and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and milk to the mix and stir well
- Heat a frypan and add 2tbs oil. Once heated, add ½ cup of mixture to the hot oil to make each fritter. Using a spatula, flip once brown and cook both sides until the middle feels firm and cooked inside.
- Drain on paper towel and continue to make fritters, should make about 12 fritters. Serve warm with your favourite relish or sauce and a salad or can be enjoyed cold for a lunchbox snack
Variations – Swap haloumi for any grated cheese, add diced bacon and any variety of vegetables.
Gluten Free – Swap the wholemeal flour for a GF alternative flour
Dairy Free – Omit cheese and swap milk for non dairy, milk alternative
1 serve = 2 fritters, Nutritional profile per serve = Protein 14g, Carb 22g, fat 8g, Energy 960Kj, 220cal.