200 g lean beef steak, (fat trimmed)
6 baby potatoes (halved) (or sweet potato)
2 cups mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
1 cucumber, (sliced into half-moons)
10 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
½ capsicum (sliced)
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs wholegrain mustard
2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Combine balsamic vinegar and mustard together in a cup. Pour half the mixture into a non-metal dish. Add steaks, turning to coat with the marinade. If time permits leave these to marinate for up to 12 hours. Add lemon juice to remaining vinegar mixture and set aside for the dressing.
2. Steam potatoes until tender
3. Heat a large fry pan on med heat and spray with oil. Drain steaks well and discard marinade. Cook 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest before slicing thinly.
4. Place salad leaves, beans, cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes in a large bowl. Pour over dressing and toss to combine.
5. Serve salad onto dinner plates and top with warm steak and potatoes
Recipe is DF and GF,
For reduce sodium option omit mustard
|Nutrition Info||(per serve)|